The Carriage Shoppe’s new location, located near Shelby St in Leitchfield, caught fire on Saturday, February 16.
According to the Leitchfield Fire Department’s (LFD) Second Assistant Chief Tony King, the fire started around 7:30 PM.
King said the LFD responded and had cleared the scene by 9:30 PM.
Heavy damage was taken by one of the back rooms of the building, and the rest of the house endured smoke and water damage, King said.
King said no cause for the fire has been determined and no one was in the house at the time of the incident, but the LFD believes the fire may have been caused by a space heater.