According to Caneyville Fire Chief Anthony Clark, Danny Conrad suffered smoke inhalation and Sharon had a burn on her arm.
The home, located at 399 Knob Drive, was fully engulfed in flames by the time firemen arrived on the scene.
Clark added that the husband attempted to get a few things away from the home, but was not able to salvage many items.
The father, Alfred Conrad, who owned the property, was also at home at the time of the incident.
Clark said the residents believed the fire started from the wood stove.
Falls of Rough Volunteer Fire Department assisted Caneyville firemen during the blaze for over an hour.
Dispatch received the call at 3 p.m. about the fire, by 3:17 p.m. firemen were on the scene, and had finished by 5:40 p.m.
The American Red Cross was also called in to help aide the victims with relief efforts.