A morning fire Wednesday, May 2, damaged a Caneyville mobile home, but caused no injuries.
Fire Chief Anthony Clark said firefighters were called to 207 W. Maple St., Lot 16, shortly after 8 a.m. The fire apparently started in the dining room and was contained there, but the entire home had smoke damage, he said.
The fire started in the area around a window air conditioning unit. Kentucky Utilities and Caneyville’s water superintendent, Avery Flener, were called in to shut off utility service to the home.
The fire department was on the scene for about 90 minutes, Clark said.
No one was home when the fire broke out. Family pets inside at the time were not harmed.
The home’s occupants, Lynn Hanes and her family, are being assisted by the American Red Cross with clothing and shelter.