The Leitchfield Fire Department responded to a fire at Corner Salvage on Harrison Street in Leitchfield at just before noon on Monday, August 4, 2014.
The building, which sits near the Grayson County Fairgrounds, hosts the food and salvage store as well as Corner Electronics and a separate residence.
Firefighters at the scene determined that the blaze began as a grease fire on the stove in the employee kitchen area.
“An employee went to cook fries and left for a few minutes to talk to someone,” said First Assistant Fire Chief Tim Duvall.
The fire caused heavy smoke damage in the kitchen area and living quarters, causing the seven employees in the building to evacuate before first responders arrived on scene.
No injuries occurred, and the scene was cleared by 1:20 p.m. when LFD volunteers had extinguished the blaze and evacuated the heavy smoke from the building.
Leitchfield Police Department assisted.