The Grayson County Alliance Food Pantry was evacuated on Tuesday afternoon, June 10.
At around 2:52 p.m. on Tuesday, the Leitchfield Fire Department (LFD) responded to a report of a burning electrical socket in the food pantry, located at 125 E. Market St., St. 3 in Leitchfield.
Individuals inside the food pantry at the time of the incident were evacuated as LFD personnel searched for the source of the fire.
According to First Assistant Leitchfield Fire Chief Tim Duvall, a freezer and refrigerator were plugged into the same one ten plug, and this caused the plug to overload and burn.
Duvall said the old wiring in the building also likely played a factor in the incident.
No injuries or major damages were reported, and the firefighters kicked the breaker and secured the scene until maintenance arrived, according to Duvall.
Leitchfield personnel were on scene for about 30 minutes, Duvall said.