No injuries were reported in a Friday afternoon house fire in Caneyville during which a woman and child were in the home.
Caneyville Volunteer Fire Department’s Chief, Anthony Clark, said that six firefighters from his department responded to 316 Wilson Church Road at 12:20 p.m. to extinguish the flames.
Clark said that the fire began in a window unit air conditioner in the kitchen of the home which was owned and occupied by Tony and Connie Oller and their family.
The Oller’s daughter and granddaughter were in the home at the time the fire began, but were uninjured.
The fire quickly spread from the kitchen into the living room and onto the front porch, Clark said, adding that “A FEDEX driver passing by stopped and attempted to extinguish the fire with his fire extinguisher prior to the fire department’s arrival.”
The fire was put out by CVFD first-responders and the scene was cleared at 2:31 p.m.
The Oller family was assisted with emergency housing by the American Red Cross, Clark said.
In a separate incident on Saturday, May 24, CVFD responded to several grass fires burning along the right of way on KY 185.
Clark noted that the fires were quickly extinguished, and are believed to have been started by a vehicle travelling along the highway with a flat tire. “Possibly a trailer being pulled by a truck,” he said.
Six firefighters were dispatched to the scene at 1:59 p.m. and cleared the area at 2:35 p.m.