Leitchfield, Kentucky (Grayson County) - Your Local Community Action will begin the “Subsidy” portion of the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) that provides heating assistance to eligible households on November 12, 2013. The significant cost of energy to heat homes leaves many households unable to fully meet heating bills or purchase sufficient bulk fuel to keep their families safe and warm. Your local COmmunity Action Partnership (CAP) stands ready to help!
A household shall be considered to be eligible for LIHEAP subsidy when the household meets the basic eligibility criteria:
- Makes a completes an application
- Be responsible for home energy costs, directly or as an undesignated portion of their rent
- Have a combined household income, for the calendar month prior to the month of application, not in excess of 130 percent of the federal poverty level as listed in the Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Live in Kentucky when the application is made and apply in the county of residence
- Not have liquid resources in excess of $2,000 or $3,000 if at least one person in the household is 60 years old or disabled, ($4,000 if resources are being used for living expenses due to catastrophic illness).
Applications will be taken at convenient Community Action offices. Applicants are encouraged to apply at the location nearest to them in the county of residence.
The local office is located at 125 E. Market Street, Leitchfield, and the phone number is 270-259-3500.
LIHEAP is a statewide initiative operated by Community Action Kentucky in partnership with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.