Matt Lasley Reporter
November 3, 2013
The Anneta Volunteer Fire Department responded to a trash fire at around 10:01 a.m. on Sunday, November 3.
AVFD Chief Cody Weiss said at the scene that the AVFD was originally called to a brush fire at 500 Meredith Ridge Road in Leitchfield.
This call was initially cancelled, but the AVFD continued on to investigate the report and discovered an unattended trash fire in the yard of a rental property at the aforementioned address, according to Weiss.
The owner of the rental property reported to the AVFD that he had not set the fire, and upon their arrival, Anneta firefighters found no one at the scene, Weiss said.
No one was injured as a result of the fire, and there was no structural damage, according to Weiss.
A seasonal burn ban is currently in effect, and during the ban individuals may not burn anything from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Weiss said.